We are starting our year with a new event – our Easter Egg Hunt and Spring Fun! If you have young children or grandchildren, consider coming to this unique event. The market will also be open during the event for non-Easter Egg Hunt customers. We will even be turning on our slushy and donut making machines for the afternoon!
Our event was scheduled for this Saturday, but given the weather forecast of wind, cold, and rain we decided to move it to Sunday, same time. If the weather forecast is correct, it should be sunny and warmer. A much better day for going out shopping and an egg hunt! Below is our log bench decorated for Spring, now decorated in snow!
The market will be open on Sunday, April 2 from Noon to 4 pm.
Easter is close to a week away and we are ready to help you with your Easter dinner! Stop by and shop at our vintage decorated Spring market for the items below.
- Apples – Yes, we have some apples remaining in cold storage. They are perfect for fresh salads, applesauce, apple pie, apple crisp.
- Onions – These are dried, cured, and ready to use from our Fall crop.
- Fresh Produce – a sure sign of Spring, freshly picked from Bankson Lake Farms
- Fruit pies – frozen, ready to bake, in assorted fruit flavors.
- Pizza and Breakfast Strombolis – frozen, ready to bake, in assorted flavors.
- Donuts – pick up some fresh, just-made donuts to take home (or sit and enjoy while shopping)
- Get a cold slushy!
- Hard ciders –available in 8 different flavors.
- Brandy and Spirits – try one of our fruit brandies.
- Wines – Pick up some of our wines for your dinner. Try Corey Lake Crisp (dry white) or Full House (semi-dry white) to pair with your turkey or ham.
- Honey – made locally by bees living several miles away.
- Maple syrup and maple products – made locally, various size bottles.
- Easter and spring gifts including “The Legend of JellyBean and the Unbreakable Egg” books
Sunday, April 2 from 1 to 3 pm
The first age group starts at 1:15 with the remaining groups starting about every 5 to 10 minutes after each group is finished.
Ages: Babies to age 11 (5th grade)
Cost: $5 per child, children under the age of 2 are free
Reservations are required. Make a reservation online at https://www.signupgenius.com/
- Babies and toddlers (and their parents), photos highly encouraged. Note: This age group is FREE. There are no prizes for turning in eggs, but your child may take home up to 6 of the regular sized plastic eggs in any color.
- Ages 2-4 (Preschool)
- Ages 5-7 (Grades K-2)
- Ages 8-11 (Grades 3-5)
- Special needs/Handicap accessible area (optional)
If your child has an easter basket that they would like to use to collect eggs and put their prizes into, feel free to bring it. Otherwise, each child will receive a bag to use upon check in.
Each participating child will receive various (non-candy) small prize items for each of the 6 colored eggs they turn in. Our staff will be present to help children as needed.
Directions for the Egg Hunt:
- Dress accordingly for Michigan’s unpredictable weather.
- Wear shoes and socks as there are naturally occurring hazards and uneven terrain in the vineyard.
- Check in at the market for directions and information. Bags to collect eggs will be provided if needed.
- Parents or guardians, head to parking lot and grape vineyard at kick off time with your children.
- Each child will pick up only one egg of each color (6 colors total) to ensure there are enough eggs for all children.
- When your children are finished, return to the market to turn in their eggs for small prizes, and pay for the event ($5 per child) and any other items you purchase. We accept cash, checks, credit cards.
- Be sure to browse our decorated vintage spring market!
- The market will be open that day to both egg hunt and non-egg hunt customers with produce, frozen pies and strombolis, our alcohol line of hard cider, wines and brandies, local honey and maple syrup products, and some gift items.
- Take time to enjoy the special activities and family photo ops (see below).
Family-oriented activities for your child to enjoy:
- Color an Easter rabbit or placemat at the coloring station
- Design your own artwork using sidewalk chalk (loading zone behind the market)
- Plant a mini sunflower to take home
- Play in the play area by the market
- Touch and grab a photo with a tractor (loading zone behind the market)
- Read “The Legend of JellyBean and the Unbreakable Egg” story located in the Terrace Garden by the parking lot—perfect thing to do while waiting for the hunt to start.
Capture family photos in our special photo spots:
- Collecting eggs during the hunt
- Posing alongside or inside the Giant Easter basket
- Posing alongside the decorated fire truck
- Posing with the Easter Bunny or walking carrot
- Sitting on or standing by a tractor
- Playing in the play yard
- Enjoying being on the farm and having the first donuts of the year!
We have been busy this past week preparing to open the market and host the Easter Egg Hunt. That meant we had to find our Easter decorations and take down and put away all the remaining Christmas decorations from the Holiday Market!
We decorated the market, the old truck, and other areas for Spring.
We also mowed the grape vineyard to get ready to hide eggs!
We will continue our preparations whenever we get a break in the weather and look forward to seeing you this Sunday!
Thank you for your continued support and for buying local. Everyone at Corey Lake Orchards wishes you a joyous Easter and Happy Spring!