CLO takes the safety of food grown and produced for consumers very seriously.
We adhere to the regulations of the FDA’s Food Safety Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). Our employees who have direct contact with produce or other food items have received extensive training on food safety and several hold certifications in this area. Your well being (and ours) is our top concern. However, it is wise to wash or rinse all produce before consuming.
Please adhere to the following:
- We follow CDC, State of Michigan, and local guidelines related to business operations.
- We are an open air market.
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well.
At the Market Area
- Hand sanitizers have been placed in common areas. We also have a hand washing station.
- Most produce has been pre-packaged to eliminate touching.
At U-Pick Areas
- Hand washing station is available; please wash your hands before and after entering the field, vineyard, or orchard.
- Hand sanitizer has been placed at check-in areas.
- Eating or sampling of fruit or other food items in the field, vineyard, or orchard is not permitted.
- Please consume snacks and beverages at picnic areas or at your vehicle.
- CLO will assign picking rows for strawberries, grapes, and occasionally other fruits. Please keep your family or party together.
- We use a time-ticketing system to limit the number of individuals for most U-pick fruits.